Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Daily Paintworks Challenge - Paint what you paint with


'Ready to Paint'
8"x10"
Oil on Canvas board

This is my take on the current Daily Paintworks challenge to paint what you paint with, posted by Carol Marine. I approached this piece very differently from my usual style. The big differences were:

1) Use only one brush (the one pictured). I tend to get carried away noodling small details with a little brush so I forced myself to only use a larger brush the entire time.

2) Keep the strokes! I opted for a looser and more painterly style where I left the brush strokes unblended.

3) Alla Prima. I finished this one quickly, avoiding my occasional problem with losing my momentum when I come back to a painting.

It was very fun to explore a different style and I'm very happy with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment