Saturday, May 26, 2012

First of 2012 (and last of 2011)

     After nearly a year hiatus from my easel, I can finally return.  The MCAT has been taken, the applications are in progress and all I have to do is work full time!  Seeing as medical school will likely leave little time for painting, I hope to make the most of this summer.  Below is this year's first, a small still life study of a pear.  Just a quick alla prima piece to warm up.  Also below is the final piece from last year.  I don't know if it's finished yet or not.  I stopped working on it because school started back up but I might just leave it as is.  It isn't signed yet so I'll leave it hanging on the wall until I decide.

     I have several more small 10"x10" canvases, a cool panoramic 10"x20" and, my largest to date, a 24"x30".  I haven't decided what the big one is for yet, most likely a landscape, but I'm excited!


Pear I
10"x10"
Oil on canvas

Sunset From the Highway20"x24"
Oil on canvas



No comments:

Post a Comment